Healing Begins Here
The choice to have an abortion is often one of the toughest decisions a woman or couple will make. After making this decision, many of us have different unexpected thoughts or emotions.
Below, you will find a checklist addressing some common post-abortion thoughts and behaviors. If you find yourself answering yes to any or all of the following questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Do you find it uncomfortable when the topic of abortion comes up in conversations?
- Since your abortion, have you struggled to stop thinking about that day?
- Do physical reminders (babies, pregnant women, baby clothes, etc.) make you uncomfortable?
- Do you feel regret, guilt and/or shame?
- Have you experienced anger or rage?
- Are you experiencing nightmares?
- Has there been an increase in Alcohol/Drug consumption?
- Do you find that you are experiencing more depression and/or anxiety?
- Have you had thoughts of self-harm?
- Do you feel as if people would judge you if they knew about the abortion?
- Do you find it difficult to forgive those people involved in your abortion?
- Do you find it difficult to forgive yourself?
- Do you fear that God cannot forgive you?
We understand the mixed emotions you may be experiencing. Hope Rising is a safe place to explore all of those feelings, you are not alone. You deserve to heal it in a safe, non-judgmental environment.